Featured Post

Menchu of Menchuna: A Hidden Gem in Tobesa, Punakha

Image
Nestled in the serene village of Menchuna, Tobesa, Punakha, lies the mysterious and historical site of Menchu. As its toponym may suggest, Menchuna is a place where tradition and nature intertwine in fascinating ways. Once renowned for its medicinal hot springs, Menchu has a story that reflects both the resilience of its people and the enduring allure of its natural gifts. Here’s a journey into the intriguing tale of Menchu and its place in the heart of Bhutan. The Legacy of Menchu: A Once-Prominent Hot Spring Menchu was once celebrated as a revered hot spring, its waters believed to hold remarkable healing power with medicinal as well mineral properties. For centuries, the people of Bhutan trekked to Menchuna, as it is ideally situated near traditional Punakha-Thimphu trek trail. The hot springs, with their mineral-rich waters, were a vital source of therapeutic relief, providing solace and healing to countless visitors. The Struggle and the Change However, as is often the case with p

Story of Sweets

I went to a shop for a cane of fish. I 
The fact in the above story is shopkeeper is gaining small amount of profit at the cost of his moral conduct and character. Is it worth it? Will you repeat his dark doing?  charged Nu. 72. I paid the shopkeeper Nu. 75 who gave me 3 sweets instead of Nu. 3. I confessed, “I don’t eat sweets” but he insisted on keeping them as he does not have change. Next day I went to same shop for a bottle of tomato sauce. The Maximum Retail Price was Nu. 97. I paid Nu. 95 and gave back two sweets. To my surprise, shopkeeper rejected the payment. I said that was the same sweet he gave me the other day, but he said that’s a different case. I protested for a while yet he again claimed and debated about the cases being different. He frowned a bit at me too. So I paid him Nu. 5 and he gave me three more sweets.
Liverpool University Image 
I wondered why those two cases are different. To me, both of us are doing business whether buying or selling and cases are same except that I am not angry when he gave me sweets in moneys stead but he was angry when I gave back the same sweets.

What can you take away from this story? What is one messgae that this story coveys? There can be myriad scope of interpretation and it is open for any interpretation. However, there is one thing I wanted to convey specifically through this story. 
To sum up and get things straight, in business community, civil organization or any sort of organization where human dialogues and interactions are involved, high value and priority should be attached to mutual benefit over individual profit. People should be given dignified consideration over the materials with less cleverness but good character. Individual morality should humanize academic exchange, business conduct, public services, and all sort of human interactions and exchange. We are consistently, unconsciously, getting ourselves morally naked for mere sake of profit and materialistic scramble. This is dangerous and you know why.

It is now that we must replenish and restore our moral delight and stop impoverishing human society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menchu of Menchuna: A Hidden Gem in Tobesa, Punakha

A Melon at Rukubji

Mythical Temple of Lugi Raw ༼ལུག་གི་རྭཝ༽