Featured Post

Menchu of Menchuna: A Hidden Gem in Tobesa, Punakha

Image
Nestled in the serene village of Menchuna, Tobesa, Punakha, lies the mysterious and historical site of Menchu. As its toponym may suggest, Menchuna is a place where tradition and nature intertwine in fascinating ways. Once renowned for its medicinal hot springs, Menchu has a story that reflects both the resilience of its people and the enduring allure of its natural gifts. Here’s a journey into the intriguing tale of Menchu and its place in the heart of Bhutan. The Legacy of Menchu: A Once-Prominent Hot Spring Menchu was once celebrated as a revered hot spring, its waters believed to hold remarkable healing power with medicinal as well mineral properties. For centuries, the people of Bhutan trekked to Menchuna, as it is ideally situated near traditional Punakha-Thimphu trek trail. The hot springs, with their mineral-rich waters, were a vital source of therapeutic relief, providing solace and healing to countless visitors. The Struggle and the Change However, as is often the case with p

Why jobs get frustrating? How do I manage? (Prismatic Refraction)

Dasho Chewang Rinzin, Director of RIGSS puts “Above the clouds every day is clear day.” On certain cases, working for an organization isn’t always above the clouds for many reasons. We juggle a lot through the clouded system, unpredictable weather of superiors and muddy team who could juice out the energy. We get messed up through the maze. These reasons are often circumstantial. What is not circumstantial is our approach and strategies to face the challenge and get above the clouds.

To save myself my frustration and humiliation, I use Non-Expecting Approach to get the things done at my work place. I don’t expect recognition, reward and sympathy from other. I simply do my job for the love of doing.

A Non-comparing Approach is great tool to practice. Few people has big circle of influence for the irrational reasons and they enjoy privilege of recognition without sweat and effort. I practice non-comparing attitude. I still do my job like a pro. Truth, at times is like ‘Acho Dhaka’ who comes slowly but definitely.

Performing the duty is never free of friction. When friction gets on the way of efficient delivery of services, job-frustration gets on the road. I hold back the amygdala hijack. Invest to control the reptilian brain. I calm down and calm down on the first instant, but do not stop there. Resolve the friction or bypass the friction. I get my things done.  Calming down helped me maintain my professional dignity. It saved the energy that I will otherwise waste in frustration.

 Looking back and forth, trying to reflect the memories and refract the future plans, I value job-frustration management as great skill to learn to get things done. Today, even if I am tell the most awkward thing or describing disastrous situation in work places, I can put on the laughter mode and get my message through. I made my friends laugh a lot at the evening sharing session without compromising deep concerns of education system from the perspective of educationist. I have thousand success stories of education system to be shared too. I hold that moral responsibility to share the success stories.

I have may not have been the great civil servant, yet I am did my best and I strive to serve better.

Happy Reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menchu of Menchuna: A Hidden Gem in Tobesa, Punakha

A Melon at Rukubji

Mythical Temple of Lugi Raw ༼ལུག་གི་རྭཝ༽