Featured Post

What Doesn't Work in Education?

Image
Generated using AI WHAT DOES'NT WORK IN  EDUCATION? This is a powerful question asked by John Hattie. This question led to the publication of series titled "What Doesn’t Work in Education: The Politics of Distraction" in 2015. Through this publication, Hattie answers the questions through four major themes. He points out how good intentions are wasted, identifies fundamental problems, suggests the strategies to get right, and identifies 5 politics of distractions in education system.  1. Wasted Intention The best intentions and commitments to improve education system is wasted at policy and political play field. Although the desire to make education a world class by improving student outcome exists, more focus and resources is diverted to policies and decisions that are politically attractive and motivated rather than on what happens at classroom level. He argued that such decision has little effect on improving student learning. For instance, lots of changes based on s...

Reading

As the clouds are preparing its downpour. 
Here I stand,
Under the ramshackled gazebo, roofed from thatch and hays,
Grossly engrossed 
In my silly understanding of the noble text.

Here I stand, 
Amidst the buzzing flies tolerating insect bites,
Grossly engrossed 
In the interpretation and misinterpretation of humankind.

Here I stand,
In the friendship of majestic stupa, listening to the humming tunes of flattering flags, 
Grossly engrossed
In remembering and forgetting what I read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mask Dance of Tiger and Bear (སྟག་དང་དོམ་གྱི་སྐུ་འཆམ་)

Spring

Is prolonged meeting a symptom of system Deficiency or Efficiency?